Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Good Place To Donate To

While exploring my Facebook website, I ran across this Non-Profit Organization that provides plants to homeless people, allowing them to sell the plants and keep the money from the sales for their own needs.

I highly recommend this approach, because it allows the person who is being helped to retain a sense of dignity and self-respect.

Too often, when we help others, they can be left feeling like they cannot manage on their own, eroding an already fragile sense of self-worth! Any assistance that allows a person a feeling of accomplishment is to be commended, and I feel it should be supported.

I intend to contact them to see if I can work with them to fund raise for them.

I will keep everyone informed after I hear back from them.

The link for this group is http://www.flowersforfood.com



No comments:

Post a Comment